Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Finding God's will in decision-making

I've had many decisions to ponder lately. School, work, finances, etc. Anyone who's ever had to make some weighty decisions before (and I think that would include all of us), has been faced with the dilemma of several possible options. How do we choose that which is best...which for the Christian would be according to God's will? That's a question that will no doubt be answered in various ways...describing various methods for arriving at a decision. A couple of days ago I listened to a four-part sermon series on decision-making and God's will. I have to admit I was really taken to task for some of the ways I've tried to go about determining just what God's will is in any particular decision. The preacher first laid a foundation by determining from scripture, the difference between God's decretive (secret) will, and His preceptive (laws, statutes, precepts) will. He then went on to describe several ways in which Christians go about determining God's will in their decisions....impressions, open or closed doors, circumstances, etc. It was a real eye-opener for me...I've been guilty of employing more than one of those methods. This is a sermon series I think deserves a listen by any Christian...especially before making any weighty decisions. Here's where to find it: Link
The 4 sermons are found on pages 2 and 3, titled: "Decisions, discernment, and the will of God".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home