Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas morning

It's Christmas morning and I'm the only one out of bed so far. I've been sitting here pondering many things..mostly recent events that have transpired at my church home...things that have caused me to wonder where the church (both this local body and others in my denomination) is headed. At times I feel as though I'm caught up in a nightmare from which I can't wake up. It's all so surreal, that sometimes I have to remind myself that these things really are taking place. In many churches today it seems that worship has changed...I'm not speaking of style here...rather the object of worship. It appears that the things that are worshiped most are the buildings, the programs, the pastor, the denomination, the trappings of religion, and even "worship" itself. I cannot help but wonder how long God will allow these things before He judges us harshly or simply removes the candle...Lord help us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home